viernes, septiembre 19, 2008



My GEO professor says that natural disasters not only change geographical features, but also human lives. You are right professor! Hurricane "Ike" changed mine. This event not only shook my house, it also shook my life. My priorities are different. I realized that one's life can change in a second...I realized that I am blessed. My house is intact, I have power and water, my husband has a job, my kids are healthy, my sister is with me...I am fine.
You always see this stuff on TV and say:"This cannot happen to me"... Guess what: It did. But we are moving forward. My family is moving forward, Houston is moving forward, Texas is moving forward. This event will be in our minds for ever, but we will get up on our feet and walking. And for many days to come, I will wake up every morning and count my blessings again and again, and again...
The above pictures are from Galveston, by the coast. They took the worst of it. I live further North, and still was bad. Please pray for the thousands without a home. Please pray for Texas...

No hay comentarios.: