
One of the blessings that my family has is to have lived in different places. This also gave us the opportunity to live and know the traditions of different countries. That makes the holiday season a multi -cultural time of the year for the Lopez'. We celebrate everything: "El dia de la Chinita", "La noche de las velitas", "Christmas", "Las Novenas", "Los inocentes" and of course, for the past 8 years "Thanksgiving". This is the day that I want to refer to today. Upon our arrival to this country we began hearing about "Turkey Day". I have to admit that I worked very hard trying to prepare everything for my first "Thanksgiving Day", and it came along well. But that was not my best experience. What I learned that day was the power of giving thanks and stopping for a moment to count your blessings. It still amazes me how here, in the country where "Time is money" we all stop for a day to show our gratitude, we all get together and count our blessings. This has come to be one of our favorite holidays...Well, honestly we celebrate each and everyone of them as our favorite.
We are two weeks away from "Thanksviving Day", and even though this year I will have to balance my multiple hats (Mom,wife, chef, shopper, student, parent liaison.. and so on) I cannot wait!! Bring the Pumkin pie and the turkey! Let's say welcome to the cranberry relish and the casseroles! And, most important: Get ready for a full holiday season with family, presents, novenas, empanadas, hayacas, Santa, el nino Jesus, las inocentadas, el ajiaco, los regalos, el pan de jamon...................... In other words:
HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comentarios:
Hermana,
Listas para celebrar. Yo hago el pavo tu los acompanamientos y el sabado hayacas!!! Happy Holidays!
Majotica: Qué lindos días para celebrar en familia... Aunque aquí no celebramos el "thanksgiving", yo agradezco tenerte como amiga... MUCHOS BESOS y qué pases delicioso. Claudia
Monita!!! Gracias por tu comentario. La verdad que este anio estoy muy agradecida de haberme reencontrado contigo amiguita!!! Ojala algun dia podamos celebrar juntas!! Un abrazoteeeeeee!!
MJ
Publicar un comentario